Removing the Combustion Tube
maintenance of the heated sections only after the power switch has been
turned OFF and the heater has cooled down to room temperature or it could
result in burns.
1. With the power off remove the top cover and open the front cover.
(Locked when the power is ON)
2. With the top off and the front cover open turn the power to the MA3000 on and wait for the autosampler to initiate and for the Z-Axis to move towards you and stop. Once it stops moving, turn the power back off. This allows for the sampler to be out of the way when removing the combustion tube.
3. Next, loosen and remove the Teflon joint at
the sample inlet.
4. Unscrew the (4) knurled
screws holding the sample heating tube retainer and the gold trap cover, and
remove the retainer and the cover.
5. Loosen the joint
connecting the mercury collection tube and the cell.
Loosen (2) box nuts of the
reducing "T" joint on the side of the mercury collection tube and on the side of
the detector to remove the joint.
* The joint would be a
cross joint in the case an optional SC or RH unit is supplied.
6. Loosen the 4 panel
fasteners on the inlet shaft on both the left and right sides with a Phillips
screw driver (No.2) and open the door to the right.
7. With the door swung out of the way, remove the 3 screws that fix the sample inlet to the chasis.
8. With the screws now loosened, remove the sample inlet and combustion tube by slowly pulling and turning the combustion tube and mercury collecting tube to pull them out.